Monday 14 January 2013

It's 2013!

Hello, friends. Long time. It's the 14th day of 2013. And to tell you the truth, I've got absolutely NOTHING to write about. I know, a lot of people have been writing about their new year resolutions, what they want to change, what new things they'd like to see.... and so on (you know it anyway; you've probably already read those). And me? Well.. I've NEVER made a new year resolution. Not once in all my life. Why? Well, here's reason #1: Nothing has really ever struck my mind to make a new year resolution on. (not that I think I'm perfect; there are too many imperfections in me to start from, sigh...:( [Hey, I've got an idea for my first resolution! "Stop being too melodramatic and exaggerating." :P ]

So, coming back to the topic of resolutions, 99% of people (okay I don't literally mean ninety-nine.. I'm just exaggerating <ahem>) making new year resolutions also add that they aren't very hopeful of keeping them throughout the year. And 100% of people (I mean literally, this time) don't keep them throughout the year. (If you have ever managed to keep one yourself, kindly leave a comment here. I'll add your name to the 'People who inspire me' list on my Facebook profile). So, reason #2 for not making a resolution: The probability of me keeping my resolution is very low, going by results of public experience.. therefore, making a resolution is absolutely pointless.

And the third reason for me not making a new year resolution: "Why?". No, I mean seriously. Why force yourselves (or at least try to force yourselves) to do something for 365 days in the future? I mean, do you really know what is going to happen in the next 365 days? Or even tomorrow? Or even the next hour? No, right? Then how can you decide what to do without even knowing what you'll have to face? It's like, you're going to an exam, and you have already rehearsed ten answers that you're going to write. That's okay if you already know the question paper beforehand... but otherwise, you prepare for everything, read the questions in the exam-hall, and then write the answers you need to. So yeah. reason #3 for not making a resolution: It's foolish to do so. (and yeah, THIS is my answer to all of you out there who have been bragging about your resolutions)

And guess what? I've ACTUALLY managed to write something! 44 minutes ago (when I started writing this) I wasn't expecting I'd be able to write so much.. and now, I have this entire mass of text staring at me from my computer screen. That reminds me of a quote: "Don't think it can't happen, because it can." -Paulo Coelho

How true. (okay that doesn't mean you think you're Superman and you can fly, and jump out of the window... everything comes with a 'conditions apply' tag)

Which reminds me of another one-liner: "The ability to quote is a servicable substitute for wit." -Somerset Maugham

Touché.

No comments:

Post a Comment